Friday, April 12, 2013

Cherry & Grape Tomato Smoothie


This smoothie was created because I needed to get something in me before I went to the grocery store. Shopping on an empty stomach is a huge no, no for me because I end up with a cart full of random stuff that doesn't make any sense.

I don't like making a whole meal for myself, so I decided to just go with a smoothie. It's quick, easy and super healthy! I always like when I can sneak veggies into my smoothies and this one was a serious home run!! I was throwing the frozen fruit into the blender and thinking, hmmm...what else? I looked over on my counter and there was a big, beautiful bowl full of plump, juicy grape tomatoes just begging to go in and join the frozen cherries and banana. I grabbed a handful, threw them in, and away we went. The result was sweet, thick and creamy. Tomatoes are technically a fruit anyway so why should it even be weird to put them in a smoothie, I no longer think so!

I urge you to give this a try it's a wonderful, energy boosting and healthy way to start your day or keep yourself fueled during the day when you are desperately in need of a pick me up!


This recipe makes 2 large smoothies.

Ingredients

1 Cup organic, frozen cherries, or fresh if they are in season.
10 Organic, grape tomatoes
1 Frozen, fair trade banana
1 Container of cherry yogurt, I used wallaby organic, lowfat.
1/2 Cup 2% organic, pasture raised milk.
2 Tbsp local honey, I used Rulison Honey
1 tsp mandarin zest
Juice from 2 mandarins, about 2 Tbsp.



Directions

Starting with liquids first, place all ingredients into the blender and blend till smooth and creamy.

Serve immediately in 2 large glasses and enjoy!









Leave me some love below if you try and like this recipe. Leave me a comment below even if you don't like the recipe and let me know what you would do different! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment